RE: VirtualHost crossover

  • Nicholas Schuetz
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
      Try using

      UniquePackages - http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#UniquePackagcf82a357

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Patrick Conroy [mailto:patrick.j.conroy@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 1:33 PM
      To: asp@...
      Subject: Re: VirtualHost crossover

      > Do you have a
      > NameVirtualHost *:80
      > entry?

      I do have the "NameVrtualHost *:80" entry in the httpd.conf file.
      The Virtual Hosts were working fine before I installed Apache::ASP.
      And they still are for the most part. The only problem is that
      references to subroutines in the global.asa sometimes seem to cross
      Virtual Hosts.

      Thanks,
      Patrick

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
        Patrick Conroy wrote:
        > Hello All,
        > I have different subs defined in the globabl.asa file for each site
        > and every once in a while on site1 I will get an error:
        >
        > Couldn't execute: ERROR: Attribute "workcenter" not found at
        > /var/www/site2//./global.asa
        >
        > I occasionally get similar errors in site2 about site1's globabl.asa.
        > Does anyone know where this is coming from? What did I configure
        > incorrectly that causes the global.asa to cross hosts?
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Your configuration looked fine for many virtual hosts, the
        trick being the GlobalPackage config. If you set Debug to -1 or -2 or -3
        and then reproduce the error and attach the relevant error_log
        trace that can show the problem from Apache server start, that would
        be a help.

        To reproduce this in a test environment more easily you might
        try to run MaxClients low and reproduce this fast that way,
        so that persistence issues come up faster.

        If the error_log ends up being long, I would just send this
        to me privately for review.