Re: VirtualHost crossover

  • Patrick Conroy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004

      > Do you have a
      > NameVirtualHost *:80
      > entry?

      I do have the "NameVrtualHost *:80" entry in the httpd.conf file.
      The Virtual Hosts were working fine before I installed Apache::ASP.
      And they still are for the most part. The only problem is that
      references to subroutines in the global.asa sometimes seem to cross
      Virtual Hosts.

      Thanks,
      Patrick

    • Nicholas Schuetz
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
        Try using

        UniquePackages - http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#UniquePackagcf82a357

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
          Patrick Conroy wrote:
          > Hello All,
          > I have different subs defined in the globabl.asa file for each site
          > and every once in a while on site1 I will get an error:
          >
          > Couldn't execute: ERROR: Attribute "workcenter" not found at
          > /var/www/site2//./global.asa
          >
          > I occasionally get similar errors in site2 about site1's globabl.asa.
          > Does anyone know where this is coming from? What did I configure
          > incorrectly that causes the global.asa to cross hosts?
          >
          > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

          Your configuration looked fine for many virtual hosts, the
          trick being the GlobalPackage config. If you set Debug to -1 or -2 or -3
          and then reproduce the error and attach the relevant error_log
          trace that can show the problem from Apache server start, that would
          be a help.

          To reproduce this in a test environment more easily you might
          try to run MaxClients low and reproduce this fast that way,
          so that persistence issues come up faster.

          If the error_log ends up being long, I would just send this
          to me privately for review.