Re: VirtualHost crossover

  • Christopher Hicks
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
      On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Patrick Conroy wrote:
      > What did I configure
      > incorrectly that causes the global.asa to cross hosts?

      Do you have a
      NameVirtualHost *:80
      entry?

      --
      </chris>

      Westheimer's Discovery:
      "A coupla months in the laboratory can save a coupla hours in the library."

    • Patrick Conroy
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004

        > Do you have a
        > NameVirtualHost *:80
        > entry?

        I do have the "NameVrtualHost *:80" entry in the httpd.conf file.
        The Virtual Hosts were working fine before I installed Apache::ASP.
        And they still are for the most part. The only problem is that
        references to subroutines in the global.asa sometimes seem to cross
        Virtual Hosts.

        Thanks,
        Patrick

      • Nicholas Schuetz
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
          Try using

          UniquePackages - http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#UniquePackagcf82a357

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
            Patrick Conroy wrote:
            > Hello All,
            > I have different subs defined in the globabl.asa file for each site
            > and every once in a while on site1 I will get an error:
            >
            > Couldn't execute: ERROR: Attribute "workcenter" not found at
            > /var/www/site2//./global.asa
            >
            > I occasionally get similar errors in site2 about site1's globabl.asa.
            > Does anyone know where this is coming from? What did I configure
            > incorrectly that causes the global.asa to cross hosts?
            >
            > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

            Your configuration looked fine for many virtual hosts, the
            trick being the GlobalPackage config. If you set Debug to -1 or -2 or -3
            and then reproduce the error and attach the relevant error_log
            trace that can show the problem from Apache server start, that would
            be a help.

            To reproduce this in a test environment more easily you might
            try to run MaxClients low and reproduce this fast that way,
            so that persistence issues come up faster.

            If the error_log ends up being long, I would just send this
            to me privately for review.