VirtualHost crossover

  • Patrick Conroy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
      Hello All,

      I am trying to set up Apache::ASP on multiple Virtual Hosts on a
      single machine. The problem that I am having seems to be crossover of
      the global.asa from one VirtualHost to another. In httpd.conf, I have
      the following VirtualHost definitions:

      <VirtualHost *:80>
      DocumentRoot "/var/www/site1"
      ServerName site1.domain.com

      <Directory "/var/www/site1">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Includes
      AllowOverride All
      </Directory>
      </VirtualHost>

      <VirtualHost *:80>
      DocumentRoot "/var/www/site2"
      ServerName site2.domain.com

      <Directory "/var/www/site2">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Includes
      AllowOverride All
      </Directory>
      </VirtualHost>

      In the .htaccess file for site1, I have:
      PerlSetVar Global .
      PerlSetVar GlobalPackage Apache::ASP::Site1
      PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/site1

      In the .htaccess file for site2, I have:
      PerlSetVar Global .
      PerlSetVar GlobalPackage Apache::ASP::Site2
      PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/site2

      I have different subs defined in the globabl.asa file for each site
      and every once in a while on site1 I will get an error:

      Couldn't execute: ERROR: Attribute "workcenter" not found at
      /var/www/site2//./global.asa

      I occasionally get similar errors in site2 about site1's globabl.asa.
      Does anyone know where this is coming from? What did I configure
      incorrectly that causes the global.asa to cross hosts?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Patrick

    • Christopher Hicks
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
        On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Patrick Conroy wrote:
        > What did I configure
        > incorrectly that causes the global.asa to cross hosts?

        Do you have a
        NameVirtualHost *:80
        entry?

        --
        </chris>

        Westheimer's Discovery:
        "A coupla months in the laboratory can save a coupla hours in the library."

      • Patrick Conroy
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004

          > Do you have a
          > NameVirtualHost *:80
          > entry?

          I do have the "NameVrtualHost *:80" entry in the httpd.conf file.
          The Virtual Hosts were working fine before I installed Apache::ASP.
          And they still are for the most part. The only problem is that
          references to subroutines in the global.asa sometimes seem to cross
          Virtual Hosts.

          Thanks,
          Patrick

        • Nicholas Schuetz
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
            Try using

            UniquePackages - http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#UniquePackagcf82a357

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
              Patrick Conroy wrote:
              > Hello All,
              > I have different subs defined in the globabl.asa file for each site
              > and every once in a while on site1 I will get an error:
              >
              > Couldn't execute: ERROR: Attribute "workcenter" not found at
              > /var/www/site2//./global.asa
              >
              > I occasionally get similar errors in site2 about site1's globabl.asa.
              > Does anyone know where this is coming from? What did I configure
              > incorrectly that causes the global.asa to cross hosts?
              >
              > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

              Your configuration looked fine for many virtual hosts, the
              trick being the GlobalPackage config. If you set Debug to -1 or -2 or -3
              and then reproduce the error and attach the relevant error_log
              trace that can show the problem from Apache server start, that would
              be a help.

              To reproduce this in a test environment more easily you might
              try to run MaxClients low and reproduce this fast that way,
              so that persistence issues come up faster.

              If the error_log ends up being long, I would just send this
              to me privately for review.