HELP sdbm store returned -1

  • k_berov
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
      Hi, boys!
      After server restart we get the folowing error:
      the server OS is Linux . We have there two sites using Apache::ASP;
      The one is using DB_File for storing sessions state the other - SDBM_File
      The interesting is that the one wich uses DB_File gives this error.
      The site trys to use sdbm when I tell it to use DB_File.
      What am I doing Wrong?
      Thans in advance.
      ###########################
      Debug Output

      1. sdbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "menu" at
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/MLDBM.pm line 161. ,
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 1518

      Is it possible that the two sites conflict with each other
      I apply part of the configuration:
      #PerlModules
      PerlModule DB_File
      PerlModule Storable
      PerlModule Compress::Zlib
      PerlModule Apache::ASP

      #modperl and ASP
      #################################
      PerlSetVar NoState 0
      PerlSetVar AllowSessionState 1
      PerlSetVar StateDB DB_File
      PerlSetVar StateSerializer Storable
      PerlSetVar SessionSerialize 1
      PerlSetVar SessionTimeout 20
      PerlSetVar UseStrict 1
      PerlSetVar Debug 2
      PerlSetVar CacheDB DB_File
      PerlSetVar CacheSize 10M
      # # 10 megabaita cache na zaiawwkite wyrhu diska
      PerlSetVar BufferingOn 1
      PerlSetVar CgiHeaders 0
      #PerlSetVar Clean 0
      PerlSetVar CompressGzip 1
      PerlSetVar RequestParams 1

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2004
        k_berov wrote:
        > Hi, boys!
        > After server restart we get the folowing error:
        > the server OS is Linux . We have there two sites using Apache::ASP;
        > The one is using DB_File for storing sessions state the other - SDBM_File
        > The interesting is that the one wich uses DB_File gives this error.
        > The site trys to use sdbm when I tell it to use DB_File.
        > What am I doing Wrong?

        Make sure that each site sets a different StateDir setting,
        or you will end up mixing file formats of SDBM_File & DB_File
        which can cause problems.

      • krassimir berov
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2004
          The problem is solved... THANKS
          What happened?
          It came out actually we were using SDBM_File instead
          of DB_File.
          The administrator had given this to Apache::ASP:

          PerlSetVar StateDB SDBM_File

          Beeing a PHP boy he did not knew about the 1k limit.
          And when the $Session key 'menu' grew up a little -
          here is the problem.
          $Session->{menu}="somethin complex more than 1Kb" =
          problem ;
          Just misunderstood between me and him.
          So we end up with the following:

          PerlSetVar StateDB MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File

          I hope there will not be a problem for the "menu" key
          to grow up now.

          They told me they have some problems installing
          BerkeleyDB or DB_File...

          Thank You Josh!

          --- Josh Chamas <josh@...> wrote:

          > k_berov wrote:
          > > Hi, boys!
          > > After server restart we get the folowing error:
          > > the server OS is Linux . We have there two sites
          > using Apache::ASP;
          > > The one is using DB_File for storing sessions
          > state the other - SDBM_File
          > > The interesting is that the one wich uses DB_File
          > gives this error.
          > > The site trys to use sdbm when I tell it to use
          > DB_File.
          > > What am I doing Wrong?
          >
          > Make sure that each site sets a different StateDir
          > setting,
          > or you will end up mixing file formats of SDBM_File
          > & DB_File
          > which can cause problems.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Josh