request -> servervariables("LOGON_USER')

  • ookami@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30 9:29 AM
      Hi List!

      If the command from the subject would work like on an iis I would have the
      info I need. Unfortunatelly it doesn't and I also don't want to use iis. Can
      anybody tell me how I can get this peace of information. I want to make a
      helpdesk and when users from our domain open the helpdesk they should be
      greeted by their name - without having to enter their username and passwd
      like after a 401 response.

      Hope anybody can help me, I would also accept if I had to do it with other
      languages,

      Wolfgang

      --
      Superg�nstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router f�r 0,- EUR*
      Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30 1:42 PM
        ookami@... wrote:
        > Hi List!
        >
        > If the command from the subject would work like on an iis I would have the
        > info I need. Unfortunatelly it doesn't and I also don't want to use iis. Can
        > anybody tell me how I can get this peace of information. I want to make a
        > helpdesk and when users from our domain open the helpdesk they should be
        > greeted by their name - without having to enter their username and passwd
        > like after a 401 response.
        >
        > Hope anybody can help me, I would also accept if I had to do it with other
        > languages,

        I would look at the Apache::AuthenNTLM module, which you would hook
        into the Auth layer before Apache::ASP processing. Here is some
        more information online about this module:

        http://search.cpan.org/~speeves/Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07/

        Be sure to read this page also:

        http://search.cpan.org/~speeves/Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07/AuthenNTLM.pm

        Once you are using this module correctly, the user login name should
        be availble in the REMOTE_USER variable variable I believe.

      • wolfgang pauli
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31 2:32 AM
          Thank you!

          It works perfect! I also like that a prompt opens for users who are not
          using IE.

          > ookami@... wrote:
          > > Hi List!
          > >
          > > If the command from the subject would work like on an iis I would have
          > the
          > > info I need. Unfortunatelly it doesn't and I also don't want to use iis.
          > Can
          > > anybody tell me how I can get this peace of information. I want to make
          > > helpdesk and when users from our domain open the helpdesk they should be
          > > greeted by their name - without having to enter their username and
          > passwd
          > > like after a 401 response.
          > >
          > > Hope anybody can help me, I would also accept if I had to do it with
          > other
          > > languages,
          > >

          > I would look at the Apache::AuthenNTLM module, which you would hook
          > into the Auth layer before Apache::ASP processing. Here is some
          > more information online about this module:
          >
          > http://search.cpan.org/~speeves/Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07/
          >
          > Be sure to read this page also:
          >
          > http://search.cpan.org/~speeves/Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07/AuthenNTLM.pm
          >
          > Once you are using this module correctly, the user login name should
          > be availble in the REMOTE_USER variable variable I believe.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Josh

          NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher f�r e-mails & Dateien!
          1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail