Possibility to not use Apache::ASP's current generated Sessions IDs ?

  • pipetous
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2004
      Hello,

      Is it possible to generate Sessions IDs (later on used in cookies)
      through a different mechanism than the current one ?
      I would need to use another algorithm.
      It is probably necessary to change sessions.pm, any advice
      on how to do it properly (especially how to bypass the current
      validation checks on reception of a cookie and replace them with
      another one) ?
      Thanks

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2004
        pipetous wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Is it possible to generate Sessions IDs (later on used in cookies)
        > through a different mechanism than the current one ?
        > I would need to use another algorithm.
        > It is probably necessary to change sessions.pm, any advice
        > on how to do it properly (especially how to bypass the current
        > validation checks on reception of a cookie and replace them with
        > another one) ?
        > Thanks

        There is no good way to override the behavior of sessions.
        What is the need that you have in particular?

        If you want fine grain control of how the sessions are implemented,
        you might try turning sessions off in Apache::ASP, and hooking up
        Apache::Session to global variable of your choosing in global.asa
        Script_OnStart event. Apache::Session has a well documented API
        that you can customize through overriding methods in your
        own subclasses.