Re: Load.pm patch

  • Thanos Chatziathanassiou
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2004
      Joshua Chamas wrote:

      >Quoting Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tchatzi@...>:
      >

      >>Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:

      >>Actually, now that I come to think of it, it won't work: there are sites
      >>with a number of scripts in their root directory and a subdirectory of
      >>root filled up with other stuff, so these cannot be selectively added...
      >>

      >What about doing something like:
      >
      >for my $file_or_dir (glob(qw(/path/to/root/*.asp)), /path/to/other) {
      > Apache::ASP->Load($file_or_dir, '.*', %config);
      >}
      >
      >Since files can be loaded as well as directories?
      >
      >--Josh

      I see your point, if we have to list directories anyhow, why not list
      the ones Load() will have to dive into ?
      I kind of like the idea of Load() descending into subdirectories unless
      told otherwise, since e.g. our graphics team can copy & paste a contact
      form and the relavant .asp file into a client's new subdirectory, edit
      the presentational aspect and actually expect it to work. Plus I think a
      new-ish user will appreciate the convinience.

      It's not that I have given it very much thought, more of an idea than
      anything else...