Re: Load.pm patch

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2004
      Quoting Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tchatzi@...>:

      > Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
      >
      > > Joshua Chamas wrote:
      > >
      > >> Quoting Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tchatzi@...>:
      > >>
      > >> It does seem useful. My work around before has been to
      > >> programmatically call
      > >> Apache::ASP->Load on only the directories that I want to be read
      > >> fully. Can
      > >> this approach work for you without adding this config?
      > >>

      > Actually, now that I come to think of it, it won't work: there are sites
      > with a number of scripts in their root directory and a subdirectory of
      > root filled up with other stuff, so these cannot be selectively added...

      What about doing something like:

      for my $file_or_dir (glob(qw(/path/to/root/*.asp)), /path/to/other) {
      Apache::ASP->Load($file_or_dir, '.*', %config);
      }

      Since files can be loaded as well as directories?

    • Thanos Chatziathanassiou
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2004
        Joshua Chamas wrote:

        >Quoting Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tchatzi@...>:
        >

        >>Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:

        >>Actually, now that I come to think of it, it won't work: there are sites
        >>with a number of scripts in their root directory and a subdirectory of
        >>root filled up with other stuff, so these cannot be selectively added...
        >>

        >What about doing something like:
        >
        >for my $file_or_dir (glob(qw(/path/to/root/*.asp)), /path/to/other) {
        > Apache::ASP->Load($file_or_dir, '.*', %config);
        >}
        >
        >Since files can be loaded as well as directories?
        >
        >--Josh

        I see your point, if we have to list directories anyhow, why not list
        the ones Load() will have to dive into ?
        I kind of like the idea of Load() descending into subdirectories unless
        told otherwise, since e.g. our graphics team can copy & paste a contact
        form and the relavant .asp file into a client's new subdirectory, edit
        the presentational aspect and actually expect it to work. Plus I think a
        new-ish user will appreciate the convinience.

        It's not that I have given it very much thought, more of an idea than
        anything else...