Re: CGI.pm doesn't work propertly with $Request->Form object

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2004
      Others have reported problems using Apache2 and CGI. I might try downgrading
      CGI and see if that helps. CGI 2.78 or some such is one I have success with
      generally, but I am not big on always upgrading to the latest if what I have
      worked. You can find older modules at:

      http://backpan.cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/L/LD/LDS/

      If nothing helps, say so. Please say what CGI version you are working with and
      what mod_perl version exactly.

      Quoting Ruslan Appazov <ruslan@...>:

      > Hi all!
      > I installed Apache 2.0.48(win32)/mod_perl 1.99 + Perl 5.8.3.
      > Before it's used Apache1.3.27/mod_perl1.27 + Perl 5.6.1.
      > There is Apache::ASP 2.57 on both platforms.
      > Everything works fine. Thanks to Josh Chamas.
      >

      > But I found one problem on Apache2.
      > The example cgi.thm must show compatibly Apache::ASP and CGI.pm.
      > And there is a note at page: "Before, you couldn't do a
      > use CGI;
      > by itself, as it would try to read form input that had already been loaded
      > into $Request->Form(). Form input is now cached, and may be loaded into CGI
      > as well. ".
      > Yes, it's true on Apache1. But on Apache2 these rows don't do they must
      > (from cgi.htm):
      > if (param()) {
      > print "Your name is ",em($name),p,"\n",
      > "The keywords are: ",em(join(", ",param('words'))),p,"\n",
      > "Your favorite color is ",em(param('color')),"\n",
      > hr;
      > }
      > And simultaneously object $Request->Form returns values
      > $Request->Form('name'), $Request->Form('color') etc, if I insert print
      > operators in the script. Also script works fine if to use method GET
      > (default - POST). Other example script with CGI.pm and POST(file_upload.asp)
      > works normally, but there is not function param() - only $Request->Form.
      > What's a problem? Can somebody help?
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Ruslan Appazov.

    • Ruslan Appazov
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2004
        I also had idea that this problem might be course by different CGI version.
        There is a 2.98 one on my Apache1. You know - everything works there.
        And mod_perl-1.99 is on Apache2 with CGI 3.04, Apache::ASP 2.57.
        We use many CGI+ASP written scripts, so we decided to move at Apache2 some
        time latter.
        But I will try to downgrade to older CGI version and I'll certainly report
        you about results.

        Thanks,
        Ruslan Appazov.