Re: [bug?] include mechanism

  • Marko Friedemann
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 8, 2004
      John Drago schrieb:

      > Take a look at the documentation here:
      > http://www.apache-asp.org/ssi.html

      Doh, yeah, I actually read this page before. It wasn't, however,
      immediately brought to my attention when I tried the virtual include.
      I'll try to add SSI and see what it does.

      regards,
      Marko
      --
      www.bmx-chemnitz.de -==- 20 Zoll in Chemnitz
      mfr@...

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 8, 2004
        Quoting Marko Friedemann <mfr@...>:
        > Well, yes. This IS how it works. The question is wether it is actually
        > SUPPOSED to be that way and wether there is any security or whatever
        > other reason for it to be so.
        > I did say that I consider this a flaw, because it is not what you
        > usually want to do.

        Yes, it is supposed to work that way. Currently the context of includes does in
        no way override the context of the base executing script. This is supposed to
        be that way. I have never wanted to relatively change the include path to the
        context of an included include, and I am not convinced that this is what one
        usually wants to do, but I do understand the point you are making. The fact is
        that when things have been working the way they have been for 5 years, there
        needs to be a compelling reason to change things.