Re: Apache::ASP and PHP?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29 9:00 PM
      Andrew Koebrick wrote:
      > Howdy,
      >
      > Is it possible to have a page parsed for both Apache::ASP and PHP?
      > Yes, I know mixing languages on a single page is poor form. But such
      > is the need for this project.
      >
      > Ideally I would run the handler through the PHP interpreter first,
      > (followed by SSI, but I can work around that by using the php require
      > function) followed by Apache::ASP. I have tried to alter my
      > httpd.conf so that:
      >
      > <Files ~ (\.htm|\.inc|\.phtml)>
      > SetHandler perl-script
      > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      >
      > The /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file is like so:
      >
      > <Files *.php>
      > SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES
      > SetInputFilter PHP
      > LimitRequestBody 524288
      > </Files>

      Right, with mod_perl 2 / Apache 2 this seems theoretically possible.
      But no framework has been created to make Apache::ASP work in this way.

      Here is a link to how this can work with mod_perl generally:

      http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#C_PerlOutputFilterHandler_

      Now if there is a mod_perl handler that is acting as an output filter, it could
      certainly do some of the things that Apache::ASP->handler() does and create
      an execution environment for script processing, but then this might be
      a lot of work to get going.