Apache::ASP and PHP?

  • Andrew Koebrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2004
      Howdy,

      Is it possible to have a page parsed for both Apache::ASP and PHP?
      Yes, I know mixing languages on a single page is poor form. But such
      is the need for this project.

      Ideally I would run the handler through the PHP interpreter first,
      (followed by SSI, but I can work around that by using the php require
      function) followed by Apache::ASP. I have tried to alter my
      httpd.conf so that:

      <Files ~ (\.htm|\.inc|\.phtml)>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::ASP

      The /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file is like so:

      <Files *.php>
      SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES
      SetInputFilter PHP
      LimitRequestBody 524288
      </Files>

      AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
      Action application/x-httpd-php "/cgi-bin/php"

      I am using cgi version of .phtml because of interoperablity issues
      with PHP and Mapserver (open source GIS system).

      Thanks for any leads.

      Andrew Koebrick
      Web Guy / Librarian
      Department of Administration
      State of Minnesota

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2004
        Andrew Koebrick wrote:
        > Howdy,
        >
        > Is it possible to have a page parsed for both Apache::ASP and PHP?
        > Yes, I know mixing languages on a single page is poor form. But such
        > is the need for this project.
        >
        > Ideally I would run the handler through the PHP interpreter first,
        > (followed by SSI, but I can work around that by using the php require
        > function) followed by Apache::ASP. I have tried to alter my
        > httpd.conf so that:
        >
        > <Files ~ (\.htm|\.inc|\.phtml)>
        > SetHandler perl-script
        > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
        >
        > The /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file is like so:
        >
        > <Files *.php>
        > SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES
        > SetInputFilter PHP
        > LimitRequestBody 524288
        > </Files>

        Right, with mod_perl 2 / Apache 2 this seems theoretically possible.
        But no framework has been created to make Apache::ASP work in this way.

        Here is a link to how this can work with mod_perl generally:

        http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#C_PerlOutputFilterHandler_

        Now if there is a mod_perl handler that is acting as an output filter, it could
        certainly do some of the things that Apache::ASP->handler() does and create
        an execution environment for script processing, but then this might be
        a lot of work to get going.