Re: ASP newb

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2004
      gamgisan wrote:
      > i have spent most of my morning trying to get some third party
      > control panel setup on my server. First i got ASP up and running
      > fine, i know this cause the examples from the website worked fine.
      > So i copied over all the info for the control panel and run it, and i
      > get this error:

      You might contact the author of the control panel about this, but it
      seems to me that since the control panel code is referencing ASP,
      and not Apache::ASP, that it would not necessarily run under Apache::ASP.

      In looking now at the README for the ASP.pm module, it seems that it
      offers Apache::ASP compatibility as well, but it seems that was bolted
      on after the fact as the cross platform support may not be complete
      or well tested. It was developed origially for use on IIS/ASP/PerlScript

      Anyway, you should check with the author to make sure the panel has
      been run under Apache::ASP before. The obvious bug here is that the
      PirinDN::PageFrame::Redirect subroutine is not defined, so maybe this
      is as easy as fixing the PirinDN::PageFrame package (?) I am betting
      that it is trying to import a Redirect from an ASP object namespace,
      and failing under Apache::ASP to do this.