ASP newb

  • gamgisan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2004
      i have spent most of my morning trying to get some third party
      control panel setup on my server. First i got ASP up and running
      fine, i know this cause the examples from the website worked fine.
      So i copied over all the info for the control panel and run it, and i
      get this error:

      Errors Output
      Undefined subroutine &PirinDN::PageFrame::Redirect called
      at /home/httpd/vhosts/jbsites.com/httpdocs/interface/Default.asp line
      33. , /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/ASP.pm line 1489
      Debug Output
      Undefined subroutine &PirinDN::PageFrame::Redirect called
      at /home/httpd/vhosts/jbsites.com/httpdocs/interface/Default.asp line
      33. , /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/ASP.pm line 1489
      ASP to Perl Script

      -: use strict;;;use vars qw($Application $Session $Response $Server
      $Request);;
      -: #line
      1 /home/httpd/vhosts/jbsites.com/httpdocs/interface/Default.asp
      1: ;; ; ; &Apache::ASP::WriteRef($main::Response, \('
      2: '));
      3: #----------------------------------------------------------------
      ---------
      4: # $Id: Default.asp,v 0.10 2003/02/14 17:10:00 mrobski Exp $
      5: # $Revision: 0.10 $
      6: #
      7: # Copyright (C) 2003 Mike Robski
      8: #
      9: # This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
      10: # modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
      11: # License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
      12: # version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
      version.
      13: #
      14: # This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
      15: # but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
      16: # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
      GNU
      17: # Library General Public License for more details.
      18: #
      19: # You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General
      Public
      20: # License along with this library; if not, write to the
      21: # Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
      22: # Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
      23: #----------------------------------------------------------------
      ---------
      24:
      25: use ASP;
      26: use PirinDN::Config;
      27: use PirinDN::PageFrame;
      28: use strict;
      29:
      30: PirinDN::Config::init( $main::Application->{'configPath'} );
      31:
      32:
      33: PirinDN::PageFrame::Redirect( $PirinCPConfig
      {'baseURL'} . '/Domains/Default.asp' );
      34: ;

      so of course i got pissed off after about the 50th time seeing this
      that i just pounded on my refresh button until i get this:

      Couldn't create file parser context for
      file "home/httpd/vhosts/jbsites.com/httpdocs/interface/xslt/PageFrame.
      xslt": No such file or directory
      at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0//i386-linux-thread-
      multi/XML/LibXML.pm line 435.
      at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0//PirinDN/XSLT.pm line 131

      now the two errors happen sparatically.

      did i screw something up in my config so make these files not find
      the subroutines they are looking for. I know theres not much info
      here on my config, but if anybody has any suggestions i would greatly
      appreciate it.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2004
        gamgisan wrote:
        > i have spent most of my morning trying to get some third party
        > control panel setup on my server. First i got ASP up and running
        > fine, i know this cause the examples from the website worked fine.
        > So i copied over all the info for the control panel and run it, and i
        > get this error:

        You might contact the author of the control panel about this, but it
        seems to me that since the control panel code is referencing ASP,
        and not Apache::ASP, that it would not necessarily run under Apache::ASP.

        In looking now at the README for the ASP.pm module, it seems that it
        offers Apache::ASP compatibility as well, but it seems that was bolted
        on after the fact as the cross platform support may not be complete
        or well tested. It was developed origially for use on IIS/ASP/PerlScript

        Anyway, you should check with the author to make sure the panel has
        been run under Apache::ASP before. The obvious bug here is that the
        PirinDN::PageFrame::Redirect subroutine is not defined, so maybe this
        is as easy as fixing the PirinDN::PageFrame package (?) I am betting
        that it is trying to import a Redirect from an ASP object namespace,
        and failing under Apache::ASP to do this.