Error Handling

  • Christopher Hicks
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2004
      Does anyone have a "best practices" example of error handling in
      Apache::ASP? I have just developed a small Apache::ASP application and
      spending time following the error log and having to pass exceptions up the
      call stack by hand was my biggest disappointment.

      Also, are there any good example of database-driven Apache::ASP
      applications out there? The only example I could find was freeside (
      http://www.sisd.com/freeside/ ), but they seemed to be more Mason-oriented
      than Apache::ASP-oriented. It may be a good example, but given how much
      trouble I had to go through just to see their ASP pages I have some major
      reservations.

      --
      </chris>

      No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical.
      -Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
        Christopher Hicks wrote:
        > Does anyone have a "best practices" example of error handling in
        > Apache::ASP? I have just developed a small Apache::ASP application and
        > spending time following the error log and having to pass exceptions up the
        > call stack by hand was my biggest disappointment.

        I just use Perl's die(). When "PerlSetVar Debug 2" is set, you get
        the output to the browser. In production mode, this should be turned
        off, but then the MailErrorsTo config can be used to email reports
        at runtime, while serving up the standard Apache 500 server error page.

        > Also, are there any good example of database-driven Apache::ASP
        > applications out there? The only example I could find was freeside (
        > http://www.sisd.com/freeside/ ), but they seemed to be more Mason-oriented
        > than Apache::ASP-oriented. It may be a good example, but given how much
        > trouble I had to go through just to see their ASP pages I have some major
        > reservations.

        I am not sure if its database driven, but you might try WebTime:

        http://webtime-project.net/index.asp