RE: Output Filehandle

  • Jim Helm
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2004
      Or, if you're running a sufficiently recent version of perl, you can use

      open HANDLE, '>', \$somevar;
      #call xSV here
      close HANDLE;

      $Response->Write($somevar);

      Bascially, you open a handle to an in-memory variable to write to. This
      saves having to use a temp file. I know 5.8.0 supports this. Not sure
      if it's in any of the 5.6.X versions.

      --Jim