Re: Persistent MySQL Connection????

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2004
      k_berov wrote:
      > Thak you very much!!!
      > So, if I understood clearly, I have to never disconnect.
      >
      > But doesn't it mean that i will leave an opened connection
      > to MySql when Apache is stopped or my application crashes?
      > My application is just one of the many on the ISP where I am hosted.
      > Or I am $dbh->ping-ing the same connection?

      Doing a disconnect() would be nice of you, since that would free up
      one MySQL server side connection thread for other customers, but you would
      have a slight performance benefit from not doing the disconnect
      since you would not have to connect on each request if your site
      is very busy. In a shared environment, I would not do the persistent
      connection & I would disconnect, as you would be a good citizen then.

      When Apache is stopped or crashes, a persistent MySQL connection
      will automatically end with the apache/mod_perl process that
      was connected to it.