Re: Problems to configure Apache::Asp

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2004
      paulokutwak wrote:
      > I'm having great dificulties to configure the Apache::Asp, I use
      > Windows XP Pro with Apache 2.0.48. The Perl is in C:. I tried
      > everything, but nothing worked. I followed was described. I have other
      > hd, d: and is set up for directoryroot and documentroot to d:/
      > Here is my httpd.conf
      > Can Somebody help me, please?

      When you say "nothing worked", what do you mean? From your config
      file, I see 3 configs that could possibly activate Apache::ASP. When you
      are starting out, make sure you only have one that you are trying to get
      to work at a time, so comment out the others until then with #

      The Location /asp directive will have scripts accessible under /asp URL
      for your server respond as the Apache::ASP scripts. The other ones will
      try to execute scripts ending in .asp. But what is the problem you
      are having, exactly, error message in error_log at startup, raw output
      of script seen, error message in error_log at runtime?

      If you are having a really hard time with this, then you can
      try reinstalling the windows downloads and start to work with the
      Apache::ASP set up as working examples in the distribution already.

      I see this config:

      Apache::ASP pages <----- this line should error for Apache start up
      PerlModule Apache::ASP
      Alias /asp/ "C:/Perl/Apache2/asp"
      <Location /asp>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlResponseHandler Apache::ASP
      PerlSetVar Global .
      PerlSetVar StateDir "c:/Perl/Apache2/asp/state"
      </Location>

      And I see this config:

      PerlModule Apache::ASP
      <Files ~ (\.asp)>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      PerlSetVar Global .
      PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/asp
      </Files>

      And I see this config:

      <Files ~ "\.asp$">
      ## tell Apache to give .asp files to mod_perl
      SetHandler perl-script

      ## tell mod_perl to give .asp files to Apache::ASP handler
      PerlHandler Apache::ASP

      ## set global home
      PerlSetVar Global /tmp

      ## set state home (each ASP application has its own
      ## unique state directory)
      PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/test_app

      ## use strict
      PerlSetVar UseStrict 1