Re: Help installing asp for apache

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
      Adam Bishop wrote:
      > Okay, this question is probably blindingly obvious, but...
      >
      > If I download the mod_perl module and install it, will my server instantly
      > become asp-enabled (after restarting etc.), or do I need to download
      > something else?

      Install software in this order:

      Apache
      perl
      mod_perl ( depends on perl & Apache )
      Apache::ASP ( depends on mod_perl )

      Typical Linux installations already have Apache/perl/mod_perl installed,
      all you need to do at that point is install Apache::ASP via directions here:

      http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Download%20and86dfc858

      If you have Windows, things are easy, just see these directions:

      http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Win32%20%2F%20Wind784e394f

      I misrepresented things somewhat above. Apache::ASP does not have to
      depend on mod_perl being installed, but typically you want to run Apache::ASP
      under mod_perl. You can also run it in CGI mode, for this please see:

      http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html#Standalone%20Cbddd74cc

      Use CGI mode if you cannot make mod_perl work for you, but Apache
      does work for you on a unix type system.