Re: 207 Multi-Status weirdness

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      Kenneth van Grinsven wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I am currently writing some sort of proxy application, to proxy requests to outlook web access for added security.
      >
      > Now I have a problem with 207 status codes.
      > Wheneven I set a 207 status code and some content, Apache still outputs an apache header at the end of the response.
      >
      > For example, my asp script is as follows:
      >
      > $Response->{Status} = "200";
      > $Response->Write("Hello, world");

      Apache::ASP passes back non-200 error codes to Apache during the request phase
      for normal error document handling. I believe this is what is helping cause this problem.

      For now you might leave $Response->{Status} alone, and simply set

      Apache->request->status(207);

      Does this work for you? It may not. You might also try doing this...

      $Response->{Status} = 207;
      $Response->Flush; # send headers
      $Response->{Status} = 200; # so Apache::ASP returns no status code to Apache handler

      I would be interested to know if either of these work for you.
      There is some pending work to be released that allows for this type
      of funciontality better, but not sure exactly what form it will take.

      It may be something like:

      $Response->{Status} = 207;
      $Response->{ErrorDocument} = 0;

      or

      $Response->{Status} = 207;
      $Response->{CustomStatus} = 1;

      The latter methods, whichever occur, would become a formalized API to bypass the
      Apache error document method for handling non-200 statuses. Feedback/ideas would
      be appreciated. Meanwhile, the former hacks I might try for now, or alternatively,
      you might try writing a mod_perl handler directly.