ASP on Redhat Virtual Server

  • Steve Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2004

      It works!  It really WORKS!

      A big THANK YOU to all who helped me through this.  Some 20+ ASP’s are now registering folks for orienteering events, keeping track of results and keeping track of the volunteers who help with the events.

      I still have at least one problem left to solve.  I can’t do a server side include to include code in a different directory than the DOCUMENT_ROOT directory.  I can’t <!--#exec cmd="/bin/ls" --> or <!--#exec cgi="http://ptoc.org/cgi-bin/bulletin.pl" --> or exec cmd="http://ptoc.org/cgi-bin/bulletin.pl" -->

      I can do <!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" --> and  <!--#flastmod file="test.html" -->

      Some of httpd.conf is as follows

      <VirtualHost 209.133.46.140>

      <Directory /home/webadmin/ptoc.org/html>

      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Includes

      AllowOverride All

      XBitHack on

      </Directory>

      PerlModule  Apache::ASP

      <Files ~ (\.asp)>

        SetHandler  perl-script

        PerlHandler Apache::ASP

        PerlSetVar  Global /home/webadmin/ptoc.org/register

        PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp

        PerlSetVar Debug 2

        PerlSetVar UseStrict 0

      </Files>

      DocumentRoot "/home/webadmin/ptoc.org/html"

      Alias "/register/" "/home/webadmin/ptoc.org/register/"

      ScriptAlias "/cgi-bin/" "/home/webadmin/ptoc.org/cgi-bin/"

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Steve Brown

    • Helmut Zeilinger
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2004
        Hi Steve,

        did you do

        AddType text/html .asp ?

        (and set the executable bit of the asp-file)

        That's because the XBitHack on directive only works
        on files of the type text/html. (At least that's what the
        Apache manual says)

        Of course you could do the same
        with

        print readpipe ('ls');

        and so on.. (glob()..)

        Regards

        Helmut

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2004
          No. I'm actually trying to do SSI in an html file.

          Steve Brown