Re: RFC on proposed behavior change for $Response->{Status}

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2004
      Warren Young wrote:
      > Josh Chamas wrote:
      >
      >> The fix to this is to handle the status/status_line settings internal
      >> to Apache::ASP, and send back an OK to the Apache handler phase,
      >

      > To me, the proper fix is to get mod_perl to allow you to attach a custom
      > status code to any returned page. Then one's ASP code could generate
      > the custom error page and attach the proper HTTP status code to it.
      >
      > If you were unable to get some upstream component to let you do this, I
      > wish you'd just extend the API. $Response->{CustomStatus}, for
      > instance. If unset, do the old behavior.

      Warren & Quentin,

      You both have good points on trying to create an interface that
      is backwards compatible with existing functionality. If I cannot
      do so, then the new behavior would be implemented in v3.x Apache::ASP,
      but ideally even there it would be able to be unset via a config
      of some sort, to restore prior status code behavior.

      I will work on this some more later, for now I tabled the issue
      and released v2.57 as a maintenance release, leaving the
      $Response->{Status} functionality unchanged.

      BTW, I rather like the idea of a $Response->{CustomStatus} field
      to set, & will keep that in mind as I work on things.