Re: Accessing session data outside of mod_perl env

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17 6:13 PM
      Fred Moyer wrote:
      > Greetings,
      >
      > I'm attempting to manipulate the $Application object from a cronjob and
      > need some guidance. I have a cron script which generates an object from
      > data which I want to embed into the session. I could write a handler
      > that gets called via LWP from the cron and does the required session
      > manipulation but I'm wondering if there's a more elegant solution.
      > Here's what I have so far in the cronjob:
      >
      > use Apache::ASP;
      > use Apache::ASP::Application;
      > my $object = My::App->new();
      > my $asp = Apache::ASP->new($a_request_object);
      > $asp::Application->{'object'} = { object => $object };
      >
      > So the question is what can I use for $a_request_object? I'm using mp2
      > so Apache::FakeRequest is out - any ideas?

      If you want a fake Apache request object, try Apache::ASP::CGI

      To see how its used, you can check out the asp-perl script. Its not
      really documented, but the obvious methods are pretty stable, as everything
      from asp-perl to the t/*.t script depend on it.

      I would recommend doing an lwp-request to a real script though, as then
      you get to work with guaranteed APIs.

      What I would really recommend is having some extra data file your cron job
      writes to that can be initialize in Script_OnStart, and not stored in
      $Application at all. $Application usage for any really big data is probably
      pretty slow & performance intensive.

      If you are really brave, you can use MLDBM::Sync to access the files
      in StateDir directly. If you use MLDBM::Sync, this will be safe, if you
      use MLDBM, it won't be.