Re: Apache::ASP and COM objects

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2004
      Melezhik A V wrote:
      > I would like to know if Apache:ASP module enables PerlScript to access
      > arbitrary COM objects under Apache.
      > I know it's possible in case IIS web server + ASP.

      Yes its possible. You can create your COM objects via $Server->CreateObject API.
      This is only possible on a win32 platform though, not unix/linux.

      > And if so could you give an example, please.

      I don't do COM/win32 programming, but you could start by creating the general object:

      my $ad_rotator = $Server->CreateObject("MSWC.AdRotator");
      ... go from there, don't know the API methods ...

      The basic access to COM objects in perl is via Win32::OLE. Try "perldoc Win32::OLE"
      for more information on this. The above API is effectively calling

      Win32::OLE->new("MSWC.AdRotator")