global.asa problems (i think) <-- i am stupid.

  • explodingjam
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2003
      I am desperately trying to setup a webapp called webtime written in
      Apache::ASP

      I have set up and installed mod_perl and Apache::ASP on apache 1.3
      and installed the webapp itself. I can see the .asp pages with no
      embedded code ok, but almost none of the embedded code in the app
      will run - i just get the dreaded 'internal server error'.
      I don't know much at all about Apache::ASP but i'm under the
      impression that this could be of interest to you :

      perl -MApache::ASP -e '' runs fine.

      perl -MApache::ASP::StateManager -e '' gives the following error
      (s)...

      Global symbol "$ServerID" requires explicit package name
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      line 393.
      Global symbol "$ServerID" requires explicit package name
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      line 402.
      Global symbol "$ServerID" requires explicit package name
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      line 419.
      Global symbol "$ServerID" requires explicit package name
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      line 420.
      Global symbol "$SessionCookieName" requires explicit package name
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      line 444.
      Global symbol "$SessionCookieName" requires explicit package name
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      line 461.
      Global symbol "$SessionCookieName" requires explicit package name
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      line 472.
      Global symbol "$ServerID" requires explicit package name
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      line 510.
      Compilation failed in require.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

      When i tried to access the root page of the webapp (index.asp) i got
      the following error...
      [Fri Dec 19 12:13:31 2003] [error] [asp] [8154] [error] no
      include /header.inc
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1208. <--
      > , /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1514

      It was not picking up the $PATH_INCLUDE string properly. i tried
      manually setting $PATH_INCLUDE by ading the following line to the
      start of the index.asp file...
      $PATH_INCLUDE="include";

      This solved the problem but then the following error is generated
      instead...
      [Fri Dec 19 11:19:47 2003] [error] [client 10.0.2.8] File does not
      exist: /home/httpd/html/webtime/webproject.css

      It is not picking up a variable called $WWW_THEME properly (WWW_THEME
      forms part of the path to the css file).

      Both the $PATH_INCLUDE and $WWW_THEME are declared and set in a file
      called global.asa in "sub Script_OnStart" (i don't know what
      globab.asa is really - this gives you an indicator of how stupid i
      am! ).

      I guess Script_OnStart is a subroutine that's supposed to be called
      at some initialisation step, and it's not being called for some
      reason.

      Don't know if the following piece of information will help.

      if i manually set the $WWW_THEME variable at the start index.asp like
      i do with $PATH_INCLUDE then the next error i recieve is....
      [Fri Dec 19 12:25:31 2003] [error] [asp] [819] [error] Can't call
      method "DBASelect" on an undefined value
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/WebTime/DB/Users.pm line 726. <--
      > , /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1514
      (i wouldn't know where to start on this error).

      Please help me because i'm a really nice person and i've spent ages
      on this and it's nearly Christmas and i'm about to cry.

      Thank you,

      john.