Re: Custom status and message: Bug?

  • Skylos the Doggie
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2003
      On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Josh Chamas wrote:

      > Josh Chamas wrote:
      > > skylos@... wrote:
      > >

      > >> The Status property of the Response object per the ASP implimentation
      > >> on windows IIS takes the whole string '213 Woof woof'. And outputs
      > >> it just like the Status: header in cgi spec. This is the expected,
      > >> documented behavior of the status property on the Response object, to
      > >> my understanding.
      > >>

      > > Currently, Apache::ASP uses mod_perl $r->status to set the
      > > $Response->{Status}, which can only take an integer. It may be better
      > > to instead call $r->status_line(), which seems to give you the
      > > flexibility that you need.
      > >
      > > I can try the change, and send you an early release of the next
      > > Apache::ASP version with this change. Let me know.
      > >

      > My apologies for taking so long to follow up with this fix.

      I was beginning to wonder what was up with that.

      > I have on a couple occasions tried to implement this change to produce
      > the results you are going for, but without success. I will keep trying
      > to get Apache / mod_perl to do the right thing.

      Curious.

      > The place that I am hung up on is actually having the initial status
      > line return the right response where it normally says:
      >
      > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      >
      > it should be possible to make it say "HTTP/1.1 200 Woof Woof" or whatever,
      > but these does not yet seem to work for me despite my best efforts.
      > However, it may still be possible to set a separate Status header:

      Curious indeed.

      > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      >
      > that may also be of use to you, but it would seem an incomplete fix to me.

      Yes. Incomplete, and though usable if client programs are modified, not
      as desired.

      > Any thoughts?

      I well realize that you are more familiar with this Apache:: code than I
      am - but I'm not an unskilled perl programmer if I say so myself. Would
      you like to bounce some ideas and thoughts back and forth, show me patches
      of what you've tried, I can take a peek and see if anything jumps out at
      me? I know that sort of thing really helps me find some problems that
      elude me in the most mysterious way. Sometimes its the most subtle
      things, as I'm sure you know!

      At your service,

      Skylos

      - skylos@...
      - The best part about the internet is nobody knows you're a dog.
      (Peter Stiener, The New Yorker, July 5, 1993)
      - Dogs like... TRUCKS! (Nissan commercial, 1996)
      - PGP key: http://dogpawz.com/skylos/mykey.asc