Apache::compat MUST NOT be used in CPAN modules

  • Stas Bekman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
      Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which is a
      no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
      http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2003
        Stas Bekman wrote:

        > Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which is a
        > no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
        > http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules

        The Apache::ASP v2.55 released in August removed the use of Apache::compat
        entirely, with a native port to mod_perl 2 done at that time.

      • Stas Bekman
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2003
          Josh Chamas wrote:
          > Stas Bekman wrote:
          >

          >> Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which is
          >> a no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
          >> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules
          >>

          > The Apache::ASP v2.55 released in August removed the use of Apache::compat
          > entirely, with a native port to mod_perl 2 done at that time.

          I was misinformed, then. Enrico has downloaded the packages from CPAN and
          grepped for Apache::compat. So either his CPAN mirror was out of date, or it's
          still sitting somewhere in the code, hiding...

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2003
            Stas Bekman wrote:
            > Josh Chamas wrote:
            >
            >> Stas Bekman wrote:
            >>

            >>> Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which
            >>> is a no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
            >>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules
            >>>

            >> The Apache::ASP v2.55 released in August removed the use of
            >> Apache::compat
            >> entirely, with a native port to mod_perl 2 done at that time.
            >

            > I was misinformed, then. Enrico has downloaded the packages from CPAN
            > and grepped for Apache::compat. So either his CPAN mirror was out of
            > date, or it's still sitting somewhere in the code, hiding...

            A grep of Apache::ASP v2.55 shows no code references to Apache::compat

            [Apache-ASP-2.55]$ grep -r 'Apache::compat' .
            ./site/changes.html: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better
            ./lib/Apache/ASP/Response.pm: # don't need this for mod_perl2 it seems from Apache::compat
            ./README: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better
            ./ASP.pm: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better

            The doc references are for previous versions in which it was used.