Re: Mod_perl with NLDBM issue

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2003
      Chris M wrote:
      > I am trying to get a new configuration going. When I start 2.0.47 I get:
      >
      > # /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
      >
      > Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1110 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
      > <Perl> directive missing closing '>' [FAILED]
      >
      > Line 1110 is the <Perl> line below:
      >
      > PerlModule Apache::ASP
      > <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside-asp>
      > <Files ~ (\.cgi)>
      > AddHandler perl-script .cgi
      > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      > </Files>
      > <Perl>
      > $MLDBM::RemoveTaint = 1;
      > </Perl>

      In recent versions of Apache::ASP, I do not believe you need RemoveTaint,
      so if you just remove that Perl block entirely, I think you will be fine.

      Also be sure to explicitly set StateDir, or set NoState instead, otherwise
      your state file end up in Global/.state which is probably not what you want.

      Also note that some older versions of mod_perl 2 had problems parsing <Perl>
      blocks, so be sure to upgrade to the latest mod_perl 2 released if you
      want to use them.

    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2003
        On 10/8/03 11:09 AM, "Josh Chamas" <josh@...> wrote:

        > Chris M wrote:
        >> I am trying to get a new configuration going. When I start 2.0.47 I get:
        >>
        >> # /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
        >>
        >> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1110 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
        >> <Perl> directive missing closing '>' [FAILED]
        >>
        >> Line 1110 is the <Perl> line below:
        >>
        >> PerlModule Apache::ASP
        >> <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside-asp>
        >> <Files ~ (\.cgi)>
        >> AddHandler perl-script .cgi
        >> PerlHandler Apache::ASP
        >> </Files>
        >> <Perl>
        >> $MLDBM::RemoveTaint = 1;
        >> </Perl>
        >
        > In recent versions of Apache::ASP, I do not believe you need RemoveTaint,
        > so if you just remove that Perl block entirely, I think you will be fine.
        >
        > Also be sure to explicitly set StateDir, or set NoState instead, otherwise
        > your state file end up in Global/.state which is probably not what you want.

        I'll read up on that. Thanks.

        > Also note that some older versions of mod_perl 2 had problems parsing <Perl>
        > blocks, so be sure to upgrade to the latest mod_perl 2 released if you
        > want to use them.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Josh

        I'm running mod perl 1.99_09. 07 gave funky compile stuff. Using <Perl >
        instead of <Perl> as Stas suggested seemed to help that.

        I'll try taking it out though as well.

        I posted a followup about the next problem, the <Directory> tag. I've been
        pounding on this for awhile so it is not surprising that simple things are
        eluding me at the moment :)

        Thanks,
        Chris