XSLT problem

  • Ruggero Manzoni
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2002
      Hi all,
      I tried to use XML::XSLT on ASP but I have some
      problems.

      This is a section of my httpd.conf

      <files ~ "*.asp">
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlModule Apache::ASP
      PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      PerlSetVar Global /tmp
      PerlSetVar CookiePath /
      PerlSetVar SessionTimeout 20
      PerlSetVar Debug 3
      PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/.state
      PerlSetVar SessionQueryParse 1
      PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/.state

      </files>

      <Files ~ (\.xml)>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      PerlSetVar NoState 1
      PerlSetVar XSLT template.xsl
      PerlSetVar XSLTCache 1
      </Files>

      when i try to call a XML file apache error log report
      me :

      [Mon Feb 11 20:24:12 2002] [notice] child pid 2522
      exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

      My Linux is redhat 7.2 and I have reinstalled apache.

      Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26

      perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 0)

      Somebody have the same problem??
      Somebody can explain me what kind of ploblem could be
      this?
      Thanks
      Ruggero

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2002
        Ruggero Manzoni wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I tried to use XML::XSLT on ASP but I have some
        > problems.
        > <Files ~ (\.xml)>
        > SetHandler perl-script
        > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
        > PerlSetVar NoState 1
        > PerlSetVar XSLT template.xsl
        > PerlSetVar XSLTCache 1
        > </Files>
        >
        > when i try to call a XML file apache error log report
        > me :
        >
        > [Mon Feb 11 20:24:12 2002] [notice] child pid 2522
        > exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

        You probably have an apache with expat compiled in by default
        which can conflict with XML::Parser's use of expat. You need
        to build Apache with expat disabled. I don't know what Apache
        might use expat for, but has never seemed to be a problem.
        See the --disable-rule=EXPAT rule below when building.

        Alternatively, you could install XML::Sablotron or XML::LibXSLT
        and set your XSLTParser config to those. These are better
        XSLT engines anyway, so you probably want to go there if you
        are serious about XSLT.

        # APACHE
        cd ../$APACHE
        echo
        echo "Building apache =============================="
        echo
        sleep 1;
        ./configure \
        --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
        --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
        --enable-module=ssl \
        --enable-module=proxy \
        --enable-module=so \
        --disable-rule=EXPAT
        make
        make install

      • Ruggero Manzoni
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2002
          Thanks Joshua,
          I have recompile apache, and now works.
          I tried to install XML::LibXSLT and I had some
          problems,
          but are only problems with the configuration of my
          libreries

          Ciao
          Ruggero

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2002
            Ruggero Manzoni wrote:

            > Thanks Joshua,
            > I have recompile apache, and now works.
            > I tried to install XML::LibXSLT and I had some
            > problems,
            > but are only problems with the configuration of my
            > libreries

            Installing XML::LibXSLT can be hard. I just had to do it
            yesterday on a linux box, and the magic recipe was
            to install these libs in this order:

            libxml2-2.4.8
            libxslt-1.0.6
            XML::LibXML
            XML::LibXSLT

            We all owe Matt Sergeant big for getting us these interfaces.
            XML::LibXSLT is really so fast without caching it is probably
            the first engine that makes XSLT web publishing even desirable.