How to give download option using asp?

  • guttalbhag
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2003
      Hi,

      Iam working on generating reports using some asp files..

      I want to give downloading option for the user, so that if user clicks
      on it,he must be able to save that file in his system..(while running
      the file in server..).

      i wanted to know if there is any option for doing that using asp?

      pls reply me soon... Today is the deadline....

      Awaiting for help...

      regards
      bhargavi

    • Richard Curtis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2003
        The most basic method would be to have a folder (in the web root) which is
        readable to all.
        Then when you have your report data, write it out to a file in this
        directory, then do something like:

        "<a href=\"downloads/$filename\"> download </a>"

        I hope this is what you are looking for.

        Richard