Re: newbie install/config questions.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2003
      Brad Olin wrote:
      > Hi guys,
      >
      > Let me first say I'm no expert, but I bumble well. I have a redhat 7.3
      > box that I compiled apache(1.3.26) and mod_perl(1.27) into some time
      > ago.
      >
      > I today downloaded and installed Apache::ASP via the CPAN method that is
      > documented on the web page. The quick start area of the install page
      > says to `cp -rpd ./site $DOCUMENT_ROOT/asp` however I could not find any
      > such directory. i.e. `find /usr -type d -name site -print` didn't
      > return anything. Nor did `find /root/.cpan -type d -name site -print`

      $DOCUMENT_ROOT refers to your DocumentRoot setting location in the httpd.conf
      which could be anything, often is /usr/local/apache/htdocs

      > Okay, so I went to http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/index.html and did a
      > wget for each link found there (some were followed and then wget'd).

      This won't work as you discovered, you need to copy the entire ./eg examples
      directory from the distribution for the examples to work.

      > The problem is I can't seem to get the tests to run. One of the error
      > outputs is attached. What it looks like to me is it tries to compile
      > global.asa and has a problem with line 2, which contains "use DemoASP;"
      > I can't fine that file, nor DemoASP.pm, anyplace. Can anybody give me a
      > clue, or if it's just as simple as a missing file, the URL of the
      > missing file?

      Right, DemoASP.pm for example is loaded from global.asa and resides
      at ./site/eg/DemoASP.pm, you will need to copy everything including
      the .htaccess from the distribution ./site/eg to get the examples
      to work.