Problem with Binaryread

  • Mike Martinet
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2002
      Greetings,

      Please excuse me if this message is a duplicate. I've been trying to post on
      various mailing lists and not quite sure how to do it.

      I may be missing something fundamental here, but I can't find an explanation for
      what I'm doing wrong. If I specify enctype="multipart/form-data" in my FORM
      tag, then I get boundaries, but I get no data with

      $Request->ServerVariables( "CONTENT_TYPE" );
      $Request->BinaryRead( $Request->{ TotalBytes } );

      If I exclude the ENCTYPE, I get form data but no boundaries and no file data.

      Any and all help greatly appreciated.

      Apache::ASP 2.29
      Apache 1.3.20
      mod_perl 1.24_01

      Thanks,

      MjM
      Mike Martinet

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2002
        Mike Martinet wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Please excuse me if this message is a duplicate. I've been trying to post on
        > various mailing lists and not quite sure how to do it.
        >
        > I may be missing something fundamental here, but I can't find an explanation for
        > what I'm doing wrong. If I specify enctype="multipart/form-data" in my FORM
        > tag, then I get boundaries, but I get no data with
        >
        > $Request->ServerVariables( "CONTENT_TYPE" );
        > $Request->BinaryRead( $Request->{ TotalBytes } );

        You cannot get BinaryRead data with file uploads. This is
        deficiency in the Apache::ASP API. File uploads are processed
        via CGI.pm internally, and access to the data is provided via:

        $Request->FileUpload()

        Please see http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html#File%20Upload
        for more info on this topic. I have added a note about this
        to the API documentation.