Re: CPAN and Apache::ASP question

  • Warren Young
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2003
      Farshid Dabesh-Khoy wrote:
      > I am a
      > bit uncomfortable with the fact that CPAN just installs the modules into
      > directories of its own choice.

      It's not important for _you_ to be able to find the modules, it's
      important for _Perl_ to be able to find them. Therefore, CPAN puts
      modules into directories where Perl will look for them.

      > How can I tell it where to install them.

      Depending on the way the package is structured, it may be possible for
      you to tell it to install into a directory of your choice without too
      much trouble. You will then have to make special efforts when using
      that module to tell Perl where to find it.

      Is it really worth the pain?