Re: RFC 2616, Section 6.1.1 violation?

    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2003
      Martin C. Messer wrote:
      > Greetings,
      >
      > Under Apache::ASP 2.37 and I'm noticing the following behavior:
      >
      > Any GET HEAD request made directly via telnet returns header AND body
      > information. According to RFC 2616, Section 6.1.1
      > (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt), this is not correct behavior, since
      > only HEAD information should be returned from a HEAD request.
      >
      > Would Apache::ASP's Request/Response implementation be a suspect?

      Apache::ASP leaves this implementation up to the programmer to implement.
      One can simply reference $Request->{Method} and if its equal to HEAD
      then do something sensible like $Request->End, or some such. To this
      extent also, one might peek into the output stream at Script_OnFlush time,
      and null out its contents for HEAD requests.