ASP Coding Guidelines

  • Priya Pinto
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2003
      Hi All,

      I am new to ASP and wanted to know if anyone could help me frame a
      set of ASP Coding Guidelines. I could forward a copy of what I
      have compiled and you could add on to it. Or you could help by
      listing out specific areas and I could build on that.

      Thanks
      Priya

      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2003
        Priya Pinto wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I am new to ASP and wanted to know if anyone could help me frame a set
        > of ASP Coding Guidelines. I could forward a copy of what I have compiled
        > and you could add on to it. Or you could help by listing out specific
        > areas and I could build on that.

        My best effort at this so far is at http://www.apache-asp.org/style.html

        Other than this, I would say stick to perl programming conventions for
        general perl scripting, and HTML / CSS / XML conventions for the rest.

        Try to encapsulate & reuse components as much as possible, but don't
        over engineer things generally. If you have anything you can contribute
        to the Apache::ASP docs, please post them to this list.