Observation - Apache::ASP, Perl, and VB.

  • D. L. Fox
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002
      I'm not sure how far on/off topic this is but feel free to delete if it
      doesn't interest you. It's merely something I observed recently.

      I couldn't get MP3::Info to install properly, so I wrote a Visual Basic prog
      that made an mp3 object I could work with, compiled it into a DLL file,
      registered it with the system, blah blah blah. ;)

      I could use $Server->CreateObject to create an instance of this object, read
      tags from mp3 files, etc. The problem came shutting down Apache. The
      ttyMonitor (whatever that is) process never wanted to respond to shutdown.
      I made sure I cleaned up in class_terminate in VB, and I made sure to clean
      up in the script, so I don't think it's any objects being left open. I
      could use the same object from Win98's PWS and M$ VB ASP just fine.

      Anyway, I finally got MP3::Info to install, I am using it, and loving it.
      It was what I wanted to begin with. :)

      -- Darren --