Apache2 on RedHat 9

  • mlpoulter
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 8:48 AM
      Hi,
      I've upgraded my RedHat server to version 9 with Apache 2. Reading
      so just to clarify: are the RPMs useless?
      For what it's worth, I've installed Apache2 and Mod_Perl2 from RPM and
      got a functioning web server. I've commented out the httpd.conf lines
      referring to the worker MPM. Installing the latest Apache::ASP from
      CPAN and putting a basic config in perl.conf causes an error with
      every hit, beginning "Can't locate object method "dir_config" via
      package "Apache::RequestRec" "
      Also, Apache does not seem to like "PerlModule" directives in either
      httpd.conf or perl.conf.
      Is there an up-to-date series of steps to get ASP working on this
      platform? I'm not averse to compiling source, but if something can be
      done with RPMs, then obviously that's a bit easier to keep track of.

      Respect and admiration to Josh as always!

    • mlpoulter
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6 9:10 AM
        Further to the previous message, I should clarify that the latest
        versions I've found available as Red Hat RPMs are Apache 2.0.40 and
        mod_perl 1.99.07.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 6 5:22 PM
          mlpoulter wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I've upgraded my RedHat server to version 9 with Apache 2. Reading
          > so just to clarify: are the RPMs useless?
          > For what it's worth, I've installed Apache2 and Mod_Perl2 from RPM and
          > got a functioning web server. I've commented out the httpd.conf lines
          > referring to the worker MPM. Installing the latest Apache::ASP from
          > CPAN and putting a basic config in perl.conf causes an error with
          > every hit, beginning "Can't locate object method "dir_config" via
          > package "Apache::RequestRec" "

          If you have an RPM with mod_perl 1.99_07, that seems like it would
          work pretty well. Make sure you have upgraded to the latest 2.53 Apache::ASP
          from CPAN, which should work fine with MP2 / Apache 2.

          Make sure to "PerlModule Apache::ASP" in your httpd.conf. If your
          httpd.conf does not support PerlModule, make sure you are using the
          latest mod_perl 2 release which should support that.

          PS. Make sure to get on this list at asp-subscribe@...
          since your emails were bouncing & needing my approval.