Problem with Apache::ASP

  • Digioso
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24 4:11 PM
      Hallo.

      I have some problems with Apache::ASP.
      I have Windows XP and I downloaded the Win32 Mod-Perl Apache-Server with ASP (ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/Perl-5.8-win32-bin/).
      I configured it as far as I knew. but I have some problems:
      First thing is, that .asp files don´t work.
      I always get an "Internal Server Error", saying that I confgured something wrong.
      However, when I rename them to .htm, they do work.

      And the second thing is, that normal ASP-Script do not work either.
      A friend of mine told me, that it seems, that Apache::ASP does use Perl-Scripts and not ASP-Scripts.
      This script should work:
      <%for i = 1 to 5 response.write "<h"&i&">asp</h"&i&">"%>

      But it doesn´t.
      I always get an error then:
      Errors Output
      1. error compiling test.htm: maybe use strict error: Variable "$i" is not imported at (eval 160) line 1. , C:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/ASP.pm line 1433
      Maybe I configured something wrong and thats why this doesn´t work.
      I would be thankfull, If someone could send me a fully configured Apache httpd.conf.
      My htdocs directory is in C:/Apache2/htdocs
      Apache: C:/Apache2
      Perl: C:/Perl

      Bye.

      Digioso.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24 4:20 PM
        Digioso wrote:
        > Hallo.
        >
        > I have some problems with Apache::ASP.
        > I have Windows XP and I downloaded the Win32 Mod-Perl Apache-Server with
        > ASP (ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/Perl-5.8-win32-bin/).
        > I configured it as far as I knew. but I have some problems:
        > First thing is, that .asp files don´t work.
        > I always get an "Internal Server Error", saying that I confgured
        > something wrong.
        > However, when I rename them to .htm, they do work.
        >
        > And the second thing is, that normal ASP-Script do not work either.
        > A friend of mine told me, that it seems, that Apache::ASP does use
        > Perl-Scripts and not ASP-Scripts.
        > This script should work:
        > <%for i = 1 to 5 response.write "<h"&i&">asp</h"&i&">"%>

        That is VBScript, and Apache::ASP only supports Perl scripting.
        ASP ==> Active Server Pages platform supports a variety of scripting languages,
        and on IIS VBScript is the most commonly used. Apache::ASP was created
        in part so that VBScript would not have to be used as the development
        language while still keeping the nice object model.

        Please see http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#VBScript%20or%2007fa600d
        for commercial alternatives.