Send all output to browser and carry on running.

  • Steve Fosdick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2002
      I have an application in which it would be useful to be able to send the
      output from a script to the web browser in such a way that the web browser
      views the output as being complete (and the script will not attempt so
      send any further output) but script execuation continues doing some
      further work in the background for a few seconds before it finishes.

      I have looked at the documentation but can't see how to do this. Is it
      possible, if so how please?

      --
      Steve Fosdick.
      e-mail: steve.fosdick@...

    • Sven Koehler
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2002
        > I have an application in which it would be useful to be able to send the
        > output from a script to the web browser in such a way that the web
        > browser views the output as being complete (and the script will not
        > attempt so send any further output) but script execuation continues
        > doing some further work in the background for a few seconds before it
        > finishes.
        >
        > I have looked at the documentation but can't see how to do this. Is it
        > possible, if so how please?

        umm, set Response.Buffer=False - i don't know if Apache::ASP has a
        Response.Flush or somethin, but Response.Buffer=False should would based
        on my Windows-ASP knowlegde

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2002
          Steve Fosdick wrote:

          > I have an application in which it would be useful to be able to send the
          > output from a script to the web browser in such a way that the web browser
          > views the output as being complete (and the script will not attempt so
          > send any further output) but script execuation continues doing some
          > further work in the background for a few seconds before it finishes.
          >
          > I have looked at the documentation but can't see how to do this. Is it
          > possible, if so how please?

          Check out the $Server->RegisterCleanup() API, which acts much
          like Apache->register_cleanup() but that ASP objects are still defined.

          http://www.apache-asp.org/objects.html#%24Server-%3EReg38562b5d

          The subs run during the RegisterCleanup() phase occur after the
          connection is closed to the browser, which is different than
          if you did a $Response->Flush() and run something at the end
          of your script.