Citrix NFuse Server with Apache on Windows 2000

  • Lars Engels
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2003
      Hello list!

      I tried to set up an Apache server for Citrix NFuse on Windows 2000.
      As NFuse uses ASP, I installed the perl-win32-bin and configured it as
      I was told in the readme file.
      The problem is that Apache doesn't serve NFuse's .asp files correctly.
      When I open the login.asp page, I get an 404 error.
      Serving the same page with IIS presents the correct login.asp page.

      Does anyone have any hints or knows if it is possible to use apache
      altogether with NFuse on Windows?

      Thanks in advance

      Lars

    • Lars Engels
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2003
        >>> "Lars Engels" <Lars.Engels@...> 15.04.03 13:03:27 >>>
        >Hello list!
        >
        >I tried to set up an Apache server for Citrix NFuse on Windows 2000.
        >As NFuse uses ASP, I installed the perl-win32-bin and configured it
        as
        >I was told in the readme file.
        >The problem is that Apache doesn't serve NFuse's .asp files
        correctly.
        >When I open the login.asp page, I get an 404 error.
        >Serving the same page with IIS presents the correct login.asp page.
        >
        >Does anyone have any hints or knows if it is possible to use apache
        >altogether with NFuse on Windows?
        >
        >Thanks in advance
        >
        >Lars

        Hi again,

        I now found out, that the path to the login.asp was wrong, I corrected
        it now, but the result of login.asp is the page's source code in my
        I-Explorer. :-((

        Greetings
        Lars

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2003
          Lars Engels wrote:

          > Hi again,
          >
          > I now found out, that the path to the login.asp was wrong, I corrected
          > it now, but the result of login.asp is the page's source code in my
          > I-Explorer. :-((

          Its likely that Apache::ASP won't run these scripts, as they are probably
          written in VBScript ( as most IIS/ASP applications are ). So even if
          you are to get the scripts to execute, they will likely have errors.

          For getting started with Apache::ASP, I would recommend first trying
          to get the example script to run from the distribution...

          http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start

        • Lars Engels
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2003
            Lars Engels wrote:

            > Hi again,
            >
            > I now found out, that the path to the login.asp was wrong, I
            corrected
            > it now, but the result of login.asp is the page's source code in my
            > I-Explorer. :-((
            >

            >Its likely that Apache::ASP won't run these scripts, as they are
            probably
            >written in VBScript ( as most IIS/ASP applications are ). So even if
            >you are to get the scripts to execute, they will likely have errors.
            >
            >For getting started with Apache::ASP, I would recommend first trying
            >to get the example script to run from the distribution...
            >
            > http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start
            >
            >Regards,
            >
            >Josh

            Hello Josh,

            thank you for your answer. I think you are right, I saw some VBScript
            in the source code of the pages.
            But there is an installation procedure for NFuse with Apache + Tomcat
            for Unix and Linux Systems.
            Meanwhile I decided to use the IIS as it works out of the box with
            NFuse (damned ;-) )
            If it were my choice I installed it on a FreeBSD box but I don't have
            these privileges yet ;-)

            Regards,

            Lars