Re: switch for dont read global.asa?

  • joel reed
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003
      >>so, i'm wondering "how do i tell Apache::ASP to just
      >>ignore global.asa? (instead of processing it)" could you say
      >>if AllowApplicationState=0, we will not process global.asa
      >>even if there is one?

      >No, you can try setting Global configuration to an empty
      >directory,
      >so avoid global.asa from being compiled. Under what conditions
      >do you need to avoid using the global.asa that comes with your
      >application?

      just back from dublin, sorry for the delay! i was hoping
      i could encapsulate/hide the IIS behavior of
      $Server->MapPath(".") behind a global.asa only run by IIS,
      not Apache::ASP. thanks for the suggestion!

      jr

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003

        > just back from dublin, sorry for the delay! i was hoping
        > i could encapsulate/hide the IIS behavior of
        > $Server->MapPath(".") behind a global.asa only run by IIS,
        > not Apache::ASP. thanks for the suggestion!

        Maybe you can have a conditional based on environment variables
        only available under IIS or mod_perl, like the $ENV{MOD_PERL}
        variable for example. You might define your own MapPath()
        that does handle the platform differences?