Re: Strange behavoir with an ASP application

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2002
      Marcos.Nobre@... wrote:
      > Syntax error on line 51 of /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf :
      > "Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
      > by a module not included in the server configuration"
      >
      > The <Files> directive was suggested by a Apache-Asp config
      > information over its web-site.
      >
      > Any Clue ? It seems that perl module isn't enabled. My Apache
      > instalation was drived by my distro (Mandrake 8.1) and I installed
      > the Apache_ASP package and many things correlated with perl.
      > My httpd (service) always start httpd-perl prior to httpd.
      >
      > It is enough to get ASP running ?

      Your httpd-perl is probably driven off of different config
      data than your httpd service, & you probably added the
      PerlModule to the httpd server conf where mod_perl was not
      loaded ( DSO ) or compiled in.

      So make sure you know where your httpd-perl service gets
      its config data from... this might be from a block like:

      <IfDefine Perl>
      PerlModule Apache::ASP
      </IfDefine>

      where httpd-perl is started with -D Perl, or might be
      an entirely different config file like httpd-perl.conf,
      but this seems dependent on how your system is configured.
      One thing you can try is to grep your *.conf files for
      PerlModule to see where mod_perl conf should be working.

      -- Josh