Re: ASP db connection

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2003
      Farshid Dabesh-Khoy wrote:
      > Dear all,
      >

      > I have transferred a website from IIS/ASP to Apache/apache_asp.
      >

      > I can get the ASP pages to run perfectly however I can not get them to
      > perform their database connections. The problem I have is that the db
      > connections strings reside in each and every ASP file. I can connect
      > through some test Perl scripts I have created and I don?t want to have
      > to go through each ASP page and change the setting manually.
      >

      > Is there a way that I could get Apache and apache_asp to behave in a way
      > that IIS/ASP/ADO behaves? Meaning that I won?t actually have to change
      > every ASP page.

      To my knowledge there are no pure ADO ports to Perl where you get a similar
      API that works about the same. To help ease your port, you might write
      some wrapper functions in a DBI layer that emulates what the functions you
      call are doing.

      > I am relatively new to all this and I apologise if I?m missing any
      > details I need to provide.

      If you provide a sample of code that needs ports, I or other could offer
      how some equivalent DBI might be used to make things work.