ASP db connection

  • Farshid Dabesh-Khoy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30 10:14 AM

      Dear all,

      I have transferred a website from IIS/ASP to Apache/apache_asp.

      I can get the ASP pages to run perfectly however I can not get them to perform their database connections. The problem I have is that the db connections strings reside in each and every ASP file. I can connect through some test Perl scripts I have created and I don’t want to have to go through each ASP page and change the setting manually.

      Is there a way that I could get Apache and apache_asp to behave in a way that IIS/ASP/ADO behaves? Meaning that I won’t actually have to change every ASP page.

      I am relatively new to all this and I apologise if I’m missing any details I need to provide.

      Regards

      Farshid

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30 3:54 PM
        Farshid Dabesh-Khoy wrote:
        > Dear all,
        >

        > I have transferred a website from IIS/ASP to Apache/apache_asp.
        >

        > I can get the ASP pages to run perfectly however I can not get them to
        > perform their database connections. The problem I have is that the db
        > connections strings reside in each and every ASP file. I can connect
        > through some test Perl scripts I have created and I don?t want to have
        > to go through each ASP page and change the setting manually.
        >

        > Is there a way that I could get Apache and apache_asp to behave in a way
        > that IIS/ASP/ADO behaves? Meaning that I won?t actually have to change
        > every ASP page.

        To my knowledge there are no pure ADO ports to Perl where you get a similar
        API that works about the same. To help ease your port, you might write
        some wrapper functions in a DBI layer that emulates what the functions you
        call are doing.

        > I am relatively new to all this and I apologise if I?m missing any
        > details I need to provide.

        If you provide a sample of code that needs ports, I or other could offer
        how some equivalent DBI might be used to make things work.