Standalone CGI Mode in win32 problem

  • Francesco Pasqualini
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2003
      hi,
      I need the Standalone CGI Mode in win32 (NT/win2000) (apache 1.3)
      There are two main problems

      - It seem that there is a problem in the POST method: the application
      does not respond (infinite loop). This is visible trying the example
      http://127.0.0.1/aspcgi/eg/cgi.htm

      - All the examples output are truncated (a few bytes at the end of
      the html output are missed)

      apart that your work is great

      I hope that it will be not so difficult to fix these problems.

      thanks
      Francesco Pasqualini
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2003
        Francesco Pasqualini wrote:
        > hi,
        > I need the Standalone CGI Mode in win32 (NT/win2000) (apache 1.3)
        > There are two main problems
        >
        > - It seem that there is a problem in the POST method: the application
        > does not respond (infinite loop). This is visible trying the example
        > http://127.0.0.1/aspcgi/eg/cgi.htm
        >
        > - All the examples output are truncated (a few bytes at the end of
        > the html output are missed)

        This kind of problem is often because of an incorrect Content-Length header
        that is set, so that the browser artificially truncates the output. It would
        be interesting to see the output of running this from a unix command line
        if you have this available:

        ]# lwp-request -ed http://127.0.0.1/aspcgi/eg/application.asp
        Cache-Control: private
        Connection: close
        Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:35:07 GMT
        Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26 mod_ssl/2.8.10 OpenSSL/0.9.6g
        Client-Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:40:59 GMT
        Client-Peer: 64.62.133.146:80
        Set-Cookie: session-id=0dbce47701cfefbe5b13023165631fe1; path=/
        Title: Demo ASP: application.asp

        ]# lwp-request http://127.0.0.1/aspcgi/eg/application.asp | wc

        If you don't have unix tools access, you can get them for win32 systems
        at http://www.cygwin.com/ ... all I really want from wc is the bytes output
        so if you just saved the output from lwp-request to a file and got me the
        bytes length, that would be helpful.

        Also, for a script like application.asp, the output itself would
        be interesting to see if it really is truncated.

        Thanks,

      • francesco_pasqualini
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2003
          Hi Joshua,
          the problems persist in apache-asp Standalone CGI Mode in win32.
          The problems are visible (after a simple installation) running the
          examples shipped with the apache-asp package:
          - site/eg/form.asp (output truncated)
          - site/eg/cgi.htm (infinite wait submitting the form)

          As you request, I checked the content-length and it is correct:

          #lwp-request -ed http://192.168.0.40/aspcgi/eg/form.asp
          Cache-Control: private
          Connection: close
          Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:40:22 GMT