Re: Mainframe Question

  • Warren Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2003
      crazyday55109 wrote:
      > 7.0 and Apache 2.x. I am trying to find a way to run ASP's on it but
      > I have been working with Sun and they cannot run in a VM atmosphere.
      > The ChiliSoft software will only run in an Intel environment.

      This implies that you already have these ASP pages, and that the script
      parts are written in VB. Apache::ASP uses Perl for the scripting, so
      you'd have to rewrite that code to use Apache::ASP.

      If the code isn't too complex or voluminous, this rewrite may not be
      much more than a straightforward mechanical exercise to someone who
      understands both languages. If there's a lot of it or if it's hairy
      code, you'll probably be best off looking into one of the VB-based
      solutions.