switch for dont read global.asa?

  • joel reed
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2003
      Hi Joshua & Others,

      $Application->MapPath("./") returns a path on IIS, whereas
      on Apache::ASP it returns path+default file

      so, i'm wondering "how do i tell Apache::ASP to just
      ignore global.asa? (instead of processing it)" could you say
      if AllowApplicationState=0, we will not process global.asa
      even if there is one?

      i wish the MapPath thing could be fixed as well put i couldn't
      find a method in RequestRec that gives just directory...

      jr

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25, 2003
        joel reed wrote:
        > Hi Joshua & Others,
        >
        > $Application->MapPath("./") returns a path on IIS, whereas
        > on Apache::ASP it returns path+default file

        The $Server->MapPath API relies on Apache->lookup_uri method,
        and this is simply its behavior, and I do not know of a work around.

        > so, i'm wondering "how do i tell Apache::ASP to just
        > ignore global.asa? (instead of processing it)" could you say
        > if AllowApplicationState=0, we will not process global.asa
        > even if there is one?

        No, you can try setting Global configuration to an empty directory,
        so avoid global.asa from being compiled. Under what conditions
        do you need to avoid using the global.asa that comes with your application?

      • joel reed
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003
          >>so, i'm wondering "how do i tell Apache::ASP to just
          >>ignore global.asa? (instead of processing it)" could you say
          >>if AllowApplicationState=0, we will not process global.asa
          >>even if there is one?

          >No, you can try setting Global configuration to an empty
          >directory,
          >so avoid global.asa from being compiled. Under what conditions
          >do you need to avoid using the global.asa that comes with your
          >application?

          just back from dublin, sorry for the delay! i was hoping
          i could encapsulate/hide the IIS behavior of
          $Server->MapPath(".") behind a global.asa only run by IIS,
          not Apache::ASP. thanks for the suggestion!

          jr

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003

            > just back from dublin, sorry for the delay! i was hoping
            > i could encapsulate/hide the IIS behavior of
            > $Server->MapPath(".") behind a global.asa only run by IIS,
            > not Apache::ASP. thanks for the suggestion!

            Maybe you can have a conditional based on environment variables
            only available under IIS or mod_perl, like the $ENV{MOD_PERL}
            variable for example. You might define your own MapPath()
            that does handle the platform differences?