RewriteRule - misdirects for different virtual hosts .. pls help

  • cincin104
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2003
      Hi All,

      I have 3 virtual hosts for my web server

      1 - VIP of the load balancer (a.a.a.com)
      2 - external IP (public internet) for the server (b.b.b.com)
      3- Internal IP accesible only by private intranet (c.c.c.com)

      I have a Rewrite rule defined as follows for each VirtualHost entry
      as shown below:

      <VirtualHost 11.11.11.11>
      DocumentRoot "/var/wwroot/support"
      ServerName a.a.a.com
      ErrorLog /opt/apache/logs/error_log
      RewriteEngine on
      RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
      RewriteRule ^/software/analysis/(.*) https://a.a.a.com/
      software/analysis/$1 [L,R]
      RewriteLog /opt/apache/logs/rewrite_log
      </VirtualHost>

      <VirtualHost 22.22.22.22>
      DocumentRoot "/var/wwroot/support"
      ServerName b.b.b.com
      RewriteRule ^/software/analysis/(.*) https://b.b.b.com/
      software/analysis/$1 [L,R]
      RewriteLog /opt/apache/logs/rewrite_log
      </VirtualHost>

      <VirtualHost 33.33.33.33>
      DocumentRoot "/var/wwroot/support"
      ServerName c.c.c.com
      RewriteRule ^/software/analysis/(.*) https://c.c.c.com/
      software/analysis/$1 [L,R]
      RewriteLog /opt/apache/logs/rewrite_log
      </VirtualHost>

      I also have the ServerName parameter in httpd.conf defined as:
      ServerName a.a.a.com

      Here is my problem:
      When I hit the URL for http://a.a.a.com/software/analysis/x.jsp it
      gets redirected fine to https://a.a.a.com/software/analysis/x.jsp

      But for the other two URLs, http://b.b.b.com and http://c.c.c.com
      takes me again to https://a.a.a.com/software/analysis/x.jsp as
      opposed to their respective URLs
      https://b.b.b.com/software/analysis/x.jsp and
      https://c.c.c.com/software/analysis/x.jsp

      I am confused as to why the redirection is not happening fine for the
      remaining 2 virtual hosts. Am i doing anything wrong here?

      Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

      Kalyan