Re: Apache::ASP->Loader() lost functionality ?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2003
      Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
      > Somewhere in between version upgrades of Apache::ASP, I seem to have to
      > have missed some of the functionality of the loader.
      > It seems that the following code
      > -----------------
      > Apache::ASP->Loader(
      > '/opt/apache/htdocs',"(asp)\$",
      > Global => '/var/tmp',
      > Debug => 1,
      > UseStrict => 1,
      > StatINC => 0);
      > -----------------
      > does not honour the ``UseStrict'' and will not return any errors
      > encountered while compiling scripts (the legendary ``variable $x
      > redefined at ...'' springs to mind).
      > It won't even catch typos (ie syntax errors).
      > Any idea why this happens ?

      Did you upgrade anything else besides Apache::ASP ?

      I am not aware of any problems here, nor any changes that
      would affect what you are seeing, but can look into it.
      It seems more likely that something like a perl upgrade
      or mod_perl/apache upgrade would affect this behavior
      than Apache::ASP changes, since as you say even syntax
      errors are being missed.

      Can you set Debug -1 in Loader() and get me a trace from
      when you start the server to when you run the buggy script
      for the first time?

      Thanks,